These Paleo Sausage Pancake Muffins are easy to make and a great grab-and-go breakfast. Gluten free, dairy free, and so delicious!
These muffins have all the flavors of traditional pancakes and sausage, but they’re combined to make a fun, easy breakfast. After making my Paleo Corn Dog Muffins I thought of trying a breakfast version and they came out so great! The “pancake” part is sweetened with maple and paired with the sausage makes a great sweet/savory combination.
MAYBE you’re thinking that it’s weird to combine savory sausage with sweet pancake, but I assure you it’s not. I’ve always loved dipping my breakfast sausage in maple syrup and this is the same idea.
I used Al Fresco Country Style breakfast sausage. It has clean ingredients and they’re super tasty. I’m sure there are other sausage brands out there that will work as well. Just check the label for no unwanted ingredients. NOTE: even if you use Whole30 compliant sausage and omit the maple, these are not Whole30 approved. In any way. Save them for after your Whole30 🙂
They are super simple to make! Mixed in one bowl and ready in 30 minutes. They are a great weekend breakfast or you can make them Sunday to have an on-the-go breakfast.
I definitely think they are sweet enough and moist on their own, but feel feel to dip them in additional maple syrup for an extra sweet treat. Or drizzle it on top.
One important tip is to use parchment liners. They are sold right next to the regular liners in the store. You may have trouble with the muffins sticking if you don’t use parchment- just a warning! 🙂
You will love these Paleo Sausage Pancake Muffins because they are easy and so delicious! The perfect sweet and salty combination that the whole family will love.
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 cup melted ghee
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cashew or almond milk
- 7 breakfast sausage links, cut in 4ths (check ingredients for no unwanted ingredients)
- Preheat oven to 350° and line a muffin pan with 10 parchment paper liners. Parchment paper is important because they may stick to regular liners.
- In a large bowl, combine almond flour, coconut flour, salt and baking soda. Mix well.
- Add in the eggs, maple syrup, ghee, vanilla, and cashew milk. Mix until fully combined and no lumps remain.
- Scoop evenly into the muffin liners and top each one with three sausage pieces.
- Bake for 25-27 minutes, until the tops are lightly brown.
- Enjoy plain or with maple syrup.