This Garlic Orange Glazed Salmon is easy, quick, and full of flavor! Fresh garlic, rosemary, and orange combine to create a delicious dinner that is Whole30, gluten free, and dairy free.
This Garlic Orange Glazed Salmon is such a great weeknight meal. It comes together so fast and means dinner can be on the table in under 20 minutes. I know that’s what I need right now. My life has been super busy and I just don’t have as much time as I used to to get dinner made. I know you’re probably in the same position and a quick meal is always nice.
I have to admit that cooking fish is an area I don’t feel super confident in, but I’m happy to say that this recipe is so easy that even a beginner can make it! I tested it a couple times to make sure I got times and measurements perfect- I am feeling a little better about fish now.
Salmon is so healthy- packed with healthy fats, omega-3’s, and protein. Not all salmon is created equal though- the salmon that I used is from Sizzlefish and it is wild caught Alaskan Salmon. The quality is amazing, with great color and texture and the flavor is the best we have had. Each serving is frozen individually making it perfect for whatever size meal you want to make. The fish is flash frozen so it is super fresh when you make it.
The freshness of the orange and rosemary pair perfectly with the garlic and make the most delicious glaze for the salmon. At first my husband thought that all the flavors would overpower the salmon, but he loved it. 6-8 minutes is the perfect amount of time to cook the salmon- it was flaky and moist and almost too easy! This is a meal I know I’ll make again because how quick and delicious it is!
One important tip is to make sure you have your garlic and rosemary chopped because the recipe moves quick and it’s best to have everything ready. I even zest and juice the orange before the salmon goes in the oven- it makes it so much easier.
- 2 wild caught Sockeye Salmon filets (10 oz total)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic, about 2-3 cloves
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- zest of 1 orange
- juice of 2 oranges (about 1/3 cup)
- 1 teaspoon tapioca starch
- Preheat oven to 425° and line a sheet tray with parchment paper.
- Salt each filet with 1/2 teaspoon of salt and bake 6-8 minutes.
- While salmon is baking, combine ghee and garlic in a sauce pan over medium heat and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add the rosemary, orange zest, and orange juice. Cook for another 3 minutes.
- Stir in the tapioca starch, making sure to mix well so no lumps remain. Stir until slightly thickened and then turn off the heat.
- Remove salmon from the oven, plate and top with garlic orange sauce.
This is not a sponsored post, but a huge thanks to Sizzlefish for providing this delicious salmon to make this recipe possible.