These Paleo Blueberry Lemon Bars are a great healthy treat. Easy to make and perfect for summer.
Another recipe using fresh berries- I just can’t help it! They are so good right now and just want to use them in everything! These bars are so quick to make- mixed in one bowl, no fuss, no tricks!
These make a great dessert, but you could totally have them for breakfast. They only have a little sweetener and it’s all natural. I use date paste, but you can use honey if you want.
Because they’re paleo, that means they are also gluten free and dairy free. So if you have any allergies you’re working around, these are the bars to make.
I added some lemon to these bars because blueberry and lemon go so well together. I love adding that pop of citrus whenever I can. It’s a subtle flavor that just compliments the blueberries. I mean, the blueberries are the real star of the show! So fresh, juicy, slightly softened from the oven. And these bars do not skimp on them! Every bite is full of them.
I love how all the berries turn purple in the oven. So pretty!
I know you will love these bars! They’re simple, healthy, and delicious! Go grab some blueberries and get baking 🙂
Here is a link to the Date Paste I use. It is so simple!
- 1½ cups almond flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- ½ teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons date paste (or honey)
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- zest of 1 lemon
- juice of ½ lemon
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1½ cups blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 300° and line a 8x8 baking pan with parchment. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Add in the date paste, coconut oil, lemon zest and juice, eggs, and vanilla.
- Stir until well combined.
- Press into the baking pan, making sure it is as even as possible.
- Top with blueberries and slightly press them into the dough.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until edges start to lightly brown.