How I know I have come up with a good recipe: I make it and in less than 48 hours it is completely gone! My husband was eating this on everything! Here is what we have found it to be good on so far:
- Sweet potato fries- of course!!
- Carrots and broccoli, or any other veggie
- Chicken nuggets
- Baked potato
We actually had this mayo for the first time when we lived in Arizona 4 years ago. Almost every restaurant had it on their menu as a side to their fries and we were hooked after one try. I knew I needed to recreate it and I am so happy with how it came out and with how easy it is. This is the third batch I’ve made in 6 days! I used dried chipotles which are in the produce section of my grocery store. There’s no need to rehydrate them or anything, just blend them right up with the eggs. It will turn a little brown after sitting in the fridge overnight- that’s totally normal. The flavors only get better with time so I highly suggest making this a day or two in advance.
I use 1 1/2 chipotles which makes a decently spicy batch. You may want to start with 1/2 and increase from there. If you like spice then use the entire 1 1/2 or maybe even 2.
This mayo happens to be paleo, Whole30, and gluten free (naturally), but it doesn’t matter whether you follow those guidelines or not, you will love this! It is thick, creamy, and has just the right amount of heat. Take 5 minutes, whip this up, and be enjoying it all weekend!
- 2 organic eggs, room temperature
- 1½ dried chipotles, stems removed (adjust if needed)
- 2 tablespoons coconut vinegar (or apple cider vinegar)
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 2 cups light olive oil
- Place eggs in a large, wide-mouth mason jar.
- Break chipotles up into large pieces and add them to the jar.
- Add vinegar and salt and blend with an immersion blender until combined. There will be small pieces of the pepper still.
- Add in the garlic powder and onion powder and blend once quickly.
- With blender on, slowly stream in olive oil until all is added.
- Move immersion blender up and down to fully incorporate all the oil- this will only take about 30 seconds.