This Easy Mashed Cauliflower is so simple and a great replacement for mashed potatoes. Paleo, Whole30, gluten free, low carb, and vegan.
My husband does not particularly like cooked cauliflower. In fact, he has told me many times that he hates it. I take that as a challenge to see if I can prepare it in a way he likes, and I’ve succeeded. This does not taste exactly like mashed potatoes, cauliflower never will, but it’s a tasty side with the same consistency. I add garlic to help with the flavor and I try to get it as smooth as possible.
The cauliflower flavor is very mellow and it pairs nicely with gravies, bacon and green onions, and steak- really anything that you like with mashed potatoes.
- 1 large head of cauliflower
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1½ cups bone broth (veggie broth for vegan)
- 2-3 tablespoons ghee or coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon salt or to taste
- Cut the cauliflower in large chunks and place in a saucepan with the garlic, salt, and broth.
- Cover and cook for 25 minutes or until a fork can be poked in to the cauliflower easily.
- Remove from heat and using an immersion blender, blend until no large chunks remain.
- Add in ghee/coconut oil and blend again.
- Keep blending until completely smooth- 1 to 2 minutes.