These Cheesecake Cookies taste exactly like cheesecake, but in handheld form. Egg-free and so simple to make.
These cookies are ridiculously good! I saw my friend Muriel post them on Instagram and knew I needed to make them. Luckily I had everything and made them that night. I prefer cheesecake chilled, so I put them in the fridge and tried one the next morning- amazing! Exactly like cheesecake- for real! It seemed too good to be true, but it’s not.
These cookies have it all: The soft creamy center and the slight crunch of the graham cracker crumbs. It makes you think that you’re eating the real thing. I brought these to church and so many people came up to me to tell me how good they were. I saw one guy take four! FOUR!! Then he requested me to make them again. So yeah…..these are incredible.
A couple other awesome thing about these cookies :
-They’re egg free so if you have an allergy or maybe you just ran out of eggs, no worries! These are the cookies to make!
-They don’t need to be chilled. You just mix, scoop, and bake! They don’t spread at all- they stay thick and chewy!
I added some cherry preserves because I have a hard time leaving a recipe alone 🙂 Also because I love cherry cheesecake!
These Cheesecake Cookies are best served cold. So go make a batch and throw them in the fridge for later. The perfect treat!
- 8 oz cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1½ cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs, divided
- ½ cup cherry preserves or preserves of choice
- ½ cup additional flour
- Preheat oven to 350° and line a sheet tray with parchment paper
- Cream butter and cream cheese together until fully mixed.
- Add in sugar and vanilla, stir to combine.
- Stir in flour and ½ cup graham cracker crumbs. Mix well.
- If using the preserves, stir them and the additional flour in until well combined.
- Scoop into balls and roll in remaining cracker crumbs.
- Place on tray and bake for 13-15 minutes.
- If desired, press down cookies slightly when still warm.
- Once cooled, place in fridge and let chill. Best served cold.
Recipe adapted from Chocolate Moosey