This Paleo Whole30 Classic Potato Salad is made quick in the Instant Pot. Creamy, tangy, and makes the perfect side.
This recipe is from a new cookbook I got called Paleo Cooking With Your Instant Pot by Jennifer of Predominantly Paleo. It’s such an amazing cookbook full of practical recipes that are made quicker and easier with the Instant Pot. It has 80 recipes with everything from breakfast, soups, sides, and even desserts! Every recipe has a picture so you know what the final result should look like which I always find so helpful.
I’ve actually never made potato salad because I always felt like it was a lot of steps and too time consuming. The fact that the potatoes aren’t peeled and that they cook in 10 minutes makes this totally doable anytime. I could not believe how easy it was and made in twice in 2 days. How perfect would this be for summer as a side dish to your grilled food (like these ribs)?
I used Yukon gold potatoes which have super thin skin making it perfect to just leave on. If you are really picky you can take the time to be peel them. While the potatoes are cooking I made the sauce mixture, then drained the potatoes and tossed them right in the mixture. It was so quick. I used Primal Kitchen Mayo because I wanted convenient, but homemade mayo is cheaper.
As soon as I mixed this together the smell and taste reminded me exactly of potato salad as a child. I wasn’t sure if that was a good thing at first, but my husband reminded me that was a good thing- that people want traditional, classic, what they grew up on. He’s right! This isn’t a super inventive dish with crazy ingredients. It’s a simple salad that you probably have all the ingredients for and that you will definitely love.
It’s best made ahead at least 1 day. As it cools, the flavors develop more and it becomes even better!
You will love this potato salad because it is easy, quick, and so delicious! And if you have an Instant Pot then I highly recommend this book. It’s an incredible resource for such a great price!
- 1 1/2 pounds (28 ounces) organic Yukon gold potatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup water
- 5 tablespoons paleo mayo - I use Primal Kitchen or homemade
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1/2 sweet onion, minced **
- 1 rib celery, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt (I used Real Salt since I didn't have this)
- 1/4 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- pinch ground black pepper
- Optional: paprika for garnish
- Place the diced potatoes and water into the stainless steel bowl of your Instant Pot. Secure the lid, close the pressure valve and press the Steam button. The display should read 10 minutes (high pressure).
- Allow the potatoes to cook.
- While the potatoes are cooking, mix the rest of the ingredients in a large bowl. Combine the mayo, mustard, onion, celery, salt, dill, vinegar, and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Quick release the pressure valve once the cycle is complete. Remove the lid once safe to do so.
- Drain the water from the potatoes (I used a fine mesh strainer) and dump them into the large bowl with the mayo mixture.
- Stir well to combine and sprinkle a little paprika on top if desired.
** Use green onion to make low FODMAP