This Paleo Tomato Balsamic Chicken is easy and so flavorful! Whole30, gluten free, and low FODMAP.
So I have been challenged in the kitchen lately. Even though we follow a strict paleo diet, my husband was still getting bad stomach pain regularly. We know he has IBS so I looked more into what would help him, diet wise, and found the Low FODMAP diet. Oh, cooking without onion and garlic was interesting at first and I began reading labels even more than I already do. What has come out of it are some seriously delicious meals that he has loved and don’t cause him any pain. I know he’s not the only one with this issue so hopefully this can help some other people as well.
I’m not going to go much into what Low FODMAP is, but I found THIS article by The Paleo Mom super helpful. It explains it and lists all the foods that are allowed/not allowed. I’ve been focusing on the allowed list and will be sharing more recipes soon.
Now on to this chicken. It is so delicious and easy! The tomatoes blister and get tender and juicy, the basil adds great freshness, and they pair perfectly with the balsamic vinegar. It is so easy to make, with only 6 ingredients including the salt! It doesn’t get much easier than that!
Tomato, basil, balsamic has always been a favorite combination of mine so adding it to chicken just made sense. It totally works! The skin gets nice and crispy and the chicken stays juicy.
You will love this because it big on flavor and low on ingredients and work. Simple, tasty, and so satisfying.
Do you have any Low FODMAP recipes you love? Let me know in the comments. I’m always looking for new ones!
- 8-10 chicken thighs (about 3 pounds)
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- fresh basil, 5-10 leaves
- Preheat oven to 400° and place all the chicken things in a 13x9 pan.
- Spread the tomatoes evenly all over the chicken.
- In a small bowl, whisk balsamic vinegar and avocado oil together. Drizzle over tomatoes and chicken.
- Sprinkle salt evenly on the chicken and tomatoes and bake for 40 minutes.
- Chiffonade the basil and sprinkle on top.