This Paleo Cauliflower Fried Rice is a delicious alternative to the popular take-out dish. Whole30, gluten free, dairy free, and so amazing!
This bowl of veggies has so much flavor and you will love it! It does require a little prep work- grating the cauliflower, cutting the carrots, dicing the onion, but that can all be done ahead of time. I usually grate the cauliflower then keep it in the fridge until the day I want to make it. I know a lot of people use their food processor for the cauliflower rice- that works also and is super fast. Even after it’s made it makes great leftovers. It makes a good amount so eating it for a few days is possible.
This stays hot forever! I don’t know why, but it holds heat so well for so long. It’s pretty nice because then you can get your main dish ready and this will still be warm.
Normal fried rice is filled with soy, unnecessary sodium, and even sugar sometimes. Not this version- made entirely of veggies and healthy seasonings. Coconut Aminos replaces the soy sauce and it’s the best!
The texture is so similar to regular rice that it will satisfy that craving. If you like normal fried rice then you will love this version. My husband likes ginger a lot, so this is a little heavy on the ginger. A little more so than a restaurant version, adjust to your liking. You may want to start out with less and add more if you like.
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 1/2 cup carrots, diced
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger (we prefer more, but adjust to taste)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 large cauliflower, grated
- 1/2 cup coconut aminos
- 2 eggs, scrambled
- 1/2 cup diced green onions
- In a large pan, cook the onion and carrots in the coconut oil until soft. About 7-9 minutes.
- Season with salt, ginger, and garlic as it's cooking.
- Once the carrots are tender, add the cauliflower and coconut aminos.
- Stir to evenly coat the cauliflower and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Push the mixture to one side of the pan and add the scrambled eggs. Stir until cooked, then mix in.
- Add the green onion, take off the heat, and serve.