This Paleo Mushroom Leek Frittata is easy, delicious, and healthy! Whole30, gluten free, and dairy free.
We eat a lot of eggs so I’m also trying to find new, delicious combinations so we don’t get sick of the same thing. I came up with this one and it is so good! My husband even mentioned how he enjoyed eating them- and that’s saying a lot because he easily gets tired of eggs.
If you’re not familiar with leeks, they are similar to onions, but more mild. They are unique because you have to cut them, then wash them because each layer will be filled with dirt. I highly encourage you to try them if you’ve never had them, but you can use onion in place of it if that’s what you have. It will still be delicious!
My biggest tip for cooking eggs is to use parchment paper! I removed it for the pictures, but I also use it or I end up losing a lot of the eggs and clean up is awful. You can make this is a pie dish or a 9×9 pan- either will work great.
You will love how easy this is and how much flavor it has- especially with so few ingredients.
Looking for more Whole30 breakfast ideas? Here are a couple more:
- 12 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 4-5 leeks, sliced and rinsed (about 2 cups)
- coconut oil for sautéing
- 12 large eggs
- salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350° and line a 9x9 pan or deep dish pie pan with parchment paper.
- Cook the leeks and mushrooms in coconut oil over medium heat until softened and tender. About 8 minutes. Add salt to taste.
- While leeks and mushrooms are cooking, crack eggs into a large bowl and scramble them.
- Pour mushroom mixture into pan and pour scrambled eggs on top.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until the center no longer jiggles when gently shaken.
- Store leftovers in fridge.