This Paleo Pizza Soup is so delicious! Filled with all the flavors of pizza and so easy to make. Gluten free, dairy free, and whole30.
I love that this soup is so customizable! Don’t like mushrooms? Leave them out. Love peppers? Add them. Really, whatever you like on pizza, add it. I added our favorites and the flavors are amazing! The cheese is not missed- if you can believe that!! I used a chicken sausage that is Whole30 compliant, but you could also use a ground sausage or even ground beef. Everything is tossed into one pot and cooked until the onions and mushrooms are tender- which isn’t long, so dinner is ready so quick.
I use jarred marinara for convenience and it does not compromise the flavor at all. I’m adding so many other flavor components that it all works perfectly. I talk more about Whole30 marinara HERE and the brands I like. I just make sure to read the label so I know nothing unwanted is added.
You will love this soup because it is so easy, hearty, flavorful, and healthy! I know I’ll be making it all winter.
- 12 oz chicken sausage, sliced (check ingredients)
- 4 oz uncured pepperoni, cut into 4ths
- 1 25 oz jar marinara (check ingredients for no added sugar or oil)
- 1 14.5 oz can fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 large onion, diced
- 16oz mushrooms, sliced
- 1 3oz can sliced black olives (optional)
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- In a large saucepan, combine the sausage, pepperoni, marinara, tomatoes, onion, mushrooms, olives, oregano, garlic powder, and salt.
- Cook over medium heat for 30 minutes or until onions and mushrooms have softened.
- Taste and add any additional salt.
- Serve hot and makes great leftovers.