This Easy Paleo Caesar Dressing is thick, creamy, packed with fresh flavor and is the best caesar dressing you’ll ever have! Whole30 approved, dairy free and gluten free.
My husband LOVES caesar salads. Every time we would go out to eat that would always be his salad of choice. I think it’s because it has the least veggies and most croutons, cheese, and dressing. That’s changed now that he doesn’t have the croutons or cheese, but he still loves caesar dressing. It is so simple to make and better than anything you can buy in the store. Don’t be afraid of the anchovies. They are a little scary, right? They get completely pulverized and your taste buds won’t even be able to detect them- promise! They add so much flavor and give it that distinct caesar taste. Chances are you’ve had them before and didn’t even know it.
This is made very similar to my mayo recipe- one jar, a few ingredients, and a couple minutes. Can’t beat that! I like to keep a jar in the fridge for making quick chicken caesar salad, dipping veggies, or topping a salad (of course!). It’s also good mixed with tuna for those times I don’t feel like cooking.
Slowly add in the oil with the blender on and move the blender up and down until all the oil is fully incorporated. I wrote to use between 2 to 2 1/2 cups of oil because the more oil you use the less strong it will be. It’s really up to you, so taste it as you go.
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 ounce anchovies, ½ can or about 5 filets
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon coconut vinegar (or apple cider vinegar)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 - 2½ cups light olive oil
- In a large mouth mason jar, combine eggs, anchovies, garlic, salt, pepper, vinegar, and lemon juice. Using an immersion blender, blend until completely smooth. About 30 seconds.
- With the blender on, slowly pour in olive oil and move blender up and down in the jar until all oil is added and mixture is thick.