This Paleo Banana Bread is simple- made with only a few ingredients, but tastes incredible! Perfect for breakfast or a healthy sweet treat.
This banana bread is so good! I love how quick it comes together and how few ingredients are involved. It’s completely mixed by hand and can be in the oven in ten minutes. It’s sweetened only with bananas which means you want to use the brownest, ripest ones possible. They contain more sugar and it produces a tastier loaf.
This bread uses coconut flour which is a very unique flour. It’s extremely dry so you don’t need to use very much. I personally love it because it’s affordable and a little goes a long way. I think it’s a great starting place if you’re just getting into paleo/grain-free baking.
Because the coconut flour absorbs so much liquid, it may look too wet when you first add it. Let it sit for a couple minutes and it will thicken up. Don’t add any more flour or the loaf will turn out very dry.
This banana bread looks and smells just like regular banana bread. It does taste a little different because it has no sugar or even honey, but it’s still so delicious! It’s great warm with a pat of grass-fed butter and even better made into french toast.
This is the perfect way to use up those over ripe bananas on the counter!
- 4 medium to large brown bananas
- 7 eggs at room temperature
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil, ghee, or grass fed butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- ¾ cup coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350° and grease a 9x5 loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, mash bananas until smooth. A few small chunks are okay.
- Add the eggs, then the butter and vanilla, mixing well.
- Stir in the coconut flour, cinnamon, salt, and baking soda.
- Let sit 3-4 minutes to allow the coconut flour to thicken up.
- Pour into prepared loaf pan and bake 45-55 minutes or until the center is no longer "jiggly".